Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

The Sabbath

And so Sunday rolls around again. Didn't seem to have much of a break this weekend. Was up early yesterday to get to the footy, spent all day either at the footy or in the pub, then home and bed (or couch first for a bit to be exact!). Then, this morning, up early with a hangover. Not exactly a relaxing break. Just need to slack off at work to make up for it !

I have noticed recently a worrying trend of waking up early if I've been drinking the night before. During the week when I go to bed sober, it's a real epic trying to get out of bed. However, at the weekend, when I have taken a glass or two of purely medicinal sherry, I'm up with the lark. I'm then tired and grumpy all day.

I could stop drinking or I could buy valium. Hmmmm, I wonder !

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home