Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Death to the Fatties

According to the news this morning, three Suffolk care trusts are to stop performing operations on people with BMI of over 30.

According to the National Obesity Forum, as much as 25% of the population may have a BMI of over 30.

First of all, I'm glad I don't live in Suffolk cos I'd definately fall into that 25% and I'd never get an operation again !

Secondly...I don't remember that being a caveat on my National Insurance contribution. Does that mean people with a BMI of over 30 can claim a reduction on their NI payments ??

I hope so - that'll teach them !

Comments:
Oh yes.

Next it'll be the smokers - no free NHS for them. Then the alkies, the shaggers - before too long you'll have to prove you're a tee-total God-botherer before you can see a Doctor...
 
Don't forget the over 70's and the terminally ill.
It does make sense though, why waste time care and money on all these people when they clearly can't be arsed looking after themselves in the first place. Over 70's and the terminally ill clearly don't fall into this category unless they're ill through drink/smoke/drugs/fatness!
I fear I may be alone on this one and I can almost hear the backlash already.
Dov, I'm sure you realise that this is not a dig at your vuluminosity as your one of the few fat people that I like.
 
You have mentioned that once or twice before
 
Mev, Have you started growing a small moustache and fancy a wee trip to Poland. Freedom of choice is a fundamental right of existence. I think you're weird for running and Cycling all the time, when you could be sitting on the couch with a fish supper ?! But I don't think you should be allowed to die because of it, Remember Jim Fix !!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home