Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Oh Happy Days

I was travelling to Glasgow today, so took the train through. As it nears the terminating station, it goes through 3 or 4 areas where I grew up and spent lots of time when I was young.

It started me thinking about what my life would have been like if I hadn't moved away when I was young.

I had a great time growing up, but if I stayed, I wouldn't have met my wife, had a baby, have the job I have now, the house I have now nor the friends I have now.

Why oh why didn't we stay - I was nearly in tears by the time I got to Glasgow !

Comments:
As one of your few friends I could ask the very same question?
We would be in a state of blissful happiness I'm sure. No pathetic football excuses, no raging hangovers form your legendary cocktail parties, no raft race (Which you captained) in the Firth of Fourth in which I'm sure I’ve contracted some horrible disease, no voodoo lava hot curry which NASA are currently carrying out tests on, (it could well be hotter than the surface of the sun!) and definitely no card sharking which I reckon if I totted up all the money I've lost to you over the years I could have bought an apartment in Monaco!!!!
 
all true - but remember all the fun we've had while doing it all !!
 
As a close friend, I will take you comments as a cold steely blade to the heart, I am destroyrd by this entry !

x
 
Speaking as his long suffering wife, I have just one comment to make - you ungrateful sod!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home