Friday, October 14, 2005

 

Critics can stick it up their ar*e

Having been influenced by some reviews, which I don't normally do, I decided to buy a couple of albums which I normally wouldn't, namely Kanye West and Gorillaz.

Both albums proved my point - if an album is 'critically acclaimed', avoid it like the f*cking plague. Both were piles of utter, utter p*sh.

Critics are clearly spoddy wee muso w@nks, with nothing and nobody better to do than sit about stroking themselves about how good a band / album is and how great they are for discovering them first and liking them before they were famous.

Comments:
Yeah, critically acclaimed like "Antony and Johnsons", "The miseducation of Lauryn Hill" (was that what this was called? who cares?), anything by Pulp. It's all shit.

Unlike with films or books, with music, you usually have the advantage of being able to listen before you buy - this is something that I always stick to.

Get them sold on ebay. Or burn them or something.
 
Not that I’m renowned for my musical prowess but I have to say give the gorillaz a chance. I too bought the album but only after hearing the first two singles and thought "how bad can it be?" Very bad was the answer but I have persevered and now I can say in all honestly it has grown on me. Kayne West I don’t think anyone could defend???
 
Not that I’m renowned for my musical prowess but I have to say give the gorillaz a chance. I too bought the album but only after hearing the first two singles and thought "how bad can it be?" Very bad was the answer but I have persevered and now I can say in all honestly it has grown on me. Kayne West I don’t think anyone could defend???
 
Not that I’m renowned for my musical prowess but I have to say give the gorillaz a chance. I too bought the album but only after hearing the first two singles and thought "how bad can it be?" Very bad was the answer but I have persevered and now I can say in all honestly it has grown on me. Kayne West I don’t think anyone could defend???
 
Having not heard them i cannot comment but as a good friend regards my musical tastes as being "musically ignorant", then maybe i shouldn't bother.
By the way, excellent new EP cd being released, all songs live from Vegas!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home