Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Gee Gee's

Had not a bad day on the Gee Gee's, ending the day 80p down. I know that doesn't sound great, but as I won £60 on the last 2 races (2 Tote Exactas), 80p down is a lot better than where I thought I was going to end up.

Also laid a couple of bets within the group I was out with that I'll get to collect tomorrow. Somebody bet me that 20,000 people live in Port Seton (a small suburb of Edinburgh) and after I had fallen off my seat laughing, I bet her a pound (not a lot I know, but the bragging rights are worth it) that it was nowhere near. Honestly, for her to be right, the population per square metre ratio would need to be about 10 times that of Calutta - there would need to be about 20 people per house

According to the East Lothian web-site, it's 5,399.

The next bet was that 250,000 people lived in Perth, the town where my mates and I grew up. Again, we're talking Calcutta-level over-crowding for that to be right, people would need to be living in the sewers and up in the trees.

According to the Perth website, it's 40,000.

Now, i'll grant you that £2 isn't a lot to win, but it will put me in betting credit overall for the day and joy of beating your pals at something can never be over-stated.

Can't think what to spend my £2 winnings on. It won't even buy me a pint here in Edinburgh. If you've got any ideas, let me know in a comment

Comments:
Good post. Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.
 
Thanks mate, feel free to drop by again
 
Post a Comment

<< Home