Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Lets get the party started

So, the weekend has arrived once more, apparently just in time for summer to b*gger off. It's been p*shing down here in Edinburgh all day. Honestly, it's enough to drive a man to drink, as are Friday nights, so there's a happy coincidence !

Whilst having a young baby is a joy in itself, it makes the older traditional methods of enjoyment (getting rendered in town on a Friday night after work) slightly harder to come by. I guess I'll have to settle for getting rendered in the house on a Friday night after work, which, on the whole, is not too bad a second choice.

What I may try to do is reclaim some of my poker losses last night. I would say I had long run of bad luck, but as it only lasted 3 hands, there was nothing long about it. 40 to 45 minutes into the tournament on Paradise Poker and I've gone from 1500 chips to about 10,000. I'm the chip leader on the table and in about 50th overall out of 1100-ish. Three consecutive hands of getting beat on the river later, I'm back watching HOUSE on Channel 5. Enjoyable though medical drama's are, I was still (and still am!) feeling slightly aggrieved. Think I might tilt tonight, so think I'll stick with a few Stellas and a large plate of the finest Chicken Bhuna money can buy.

Enjoy your Friday night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home